Seeking Emerging Graphic / Brand Designer
Qrise is an emerging Not for Profit public health org. dedicated to eliminating mental health inequalities amongst LGBTQIA+ young people.
With support from the Department Premier and Cabinet we’re on the look for a fabulous early-career graphic designer who can bring our brand to life!
- Aged between 18 – 25 (inclusive).
- 1 Year Professional Waged or Freelance Experience.
- Identifies as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
We’d like to work with you over multiple sessions to take the brand concept from its infancy in the brainstorming phase, right through to final files. We’ll work with you to develop a process that suits both yourself and Qrise, but as a starting point, we imagine a three-pronged, online approach:
- Initial brainstorming meeting – for us to chat about Qrise values, what we like, what you see other brands doing – a big information-gathering chat.
- Loose concepts – a series of doodles or rough concepts to contrast and compare and agree on a direction forward. We’d take these to our Qrise Youth Advisory group for the opportunity to provide feedback and nominate their favourites.
- A meeting with the chosen concept being more developed into a full brand design to discuss, amend or sign-off on.
By the end of the process, we hope to have a logo, full style guide (with primary and secondary fonts, colours, usage guides etc. etc.) and a Google Slides template, and any other foundational elements of a brand image.
Expressions of Interest Process
Please provide below a link showcasing your style and professional experience. This could take any form such as online portfolio, Instagram, LinkedIn, personal website, etc. as long as it shows both your style and experience levels. Alternately you can upload a pfd.
Expressions of interest are open until 11:59pm on Wednesday 27 May.
Submissions will be assessed as they arrive, so we encourage you to apply as soon as is convenient!
Those submissions that align the most strongly with Qrise’s working style will be invited to join two or three team members on a video call. You can expect to be notified on or before Friday 05 June.